19-year-old Chelmsford teen Connar Ridd - aka FREAK - comes armed with a set of explosive, hi-energy songs that walk the tightrope between raucous Nirvana-style riffs and indelible grunge-pop melodies, and an octane-heavy live show.
1. First time at TGE?
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
First time newbie.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Hopefully for the whole event. There are a few artists I wanna catch, and also who doesn't love a party in Brighton!
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
All of it!
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Probably at the nearest Wetherspoons getting in those cheap pre-drinks.
Watching other bands and partying 'til the cows come home.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Slaves, Alma, Bad Sounds, Blood Red Shoes, Inheaven, Isaac Gracie and Raye.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
Thursday 18th, Green Door Store.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Go see bands you don't know.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see me at The Great Escape because..."
...because you've already bought a ticket so you may as well come and dance!
Track FREAK on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.