Monday, November 20, 2017

Listen :: Amaroun delivers itchy debut with 'Bed Bugs'




Words: Ellie Ward

Hotly tipped as a One To Watch in 2018, Peckham producer
/singer-songwriter Jay Brown - aka Amaroun - has just released her debut single ‘Bed Bugs’ on November 3 via LGM Records.

"There's bed bugs in my bed / they're biting my skin and messing with my head," sings Brown in the opening to this slow tempo alt-electronic soul-pop tune. With its simple, mellow textured melodies, it is both chilled and moving.

“Writing 'Bed Bugs' was the start of my Amaroun journey,” Jay explains. “A time of confusion and transition. I was a social butterfly, but solitary and an analyser at heart. I had come out to my friends and family and was dealing with the fallout from that. My identity tied in knots, feeling simultaneously liberated and fearful.

"In 'Bed Bugs', I am reflecting on everything that has gone before, feeling pensive yet hopeful about what the future will hold, and also deciding what I am doing with my present. I was genuinely at an emotional crossroads, and for me that bittersweet feeling is at the core of this song. It’s uplifting, beautiful and conflicted all at the same time”.

Live dates

NOVEMBER
29 London Sebright Arms w/Albert Gold, Strike

MARCH 2018
06 London Archspace, Haggerston (debut headline show)



No comments:

Post a Comment