Sunday, February 04, 2018

Watch :: GLOO pack a punch on 'Hit It' visuals






Our Little Indie Track Of The Day from last month, 'Hit It', now sees GLOO punching their way into February with the new video for the track.

Directed by Joe Cannon and GLOO, the Littlehampton trio
shot the clip in an abandoned mechanics yard on their local trading estate, where they managed to get a DIY boxing ring set up with some barrier tape and reinforced steel for corners. They had a handful of close friends and family come along to watch, as band members Tom and Simon played their part as referee and round girl respectively.

Initially enthused with the idea for the video, which seemed like an instant hit, drummer Mark Harfield quickly realised he might have made a slight error of judgement when he remembered that his Dad’s amateur boxing record – albeit twenty years ago - stood at 22 wins to 2 losses.

Drummer Mark commented on the somewhat unorthodox idea: “I was super game for it and knew it would be funny to watch either way. I had an underlying fear of getting put on my arse, but secretly wanted nothing less than to do exactly that to my Dad! I kinda knew that worst come to worst my Dad’s age, weight and diabetes issues would mean that I could just bounce around for five minutes without getting punched. I pretty much instantly got on eBay, bought a punch bag and gloves, then was straight onto YouTube and just ran drills, keeping in the mind the fear of getting knocked out by my Dad for all to see!”

Live dates

FEBRUARY
09 The Islington, London

APRIL
23 The Birdcage, Portsmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment