Monday, March 12, 2018

Track Of The Day :: New Atlas - Dizzi





Words: Linn Branson

It's been awhile since we first heard from Armagh-raised, now Liverpool-based Eoghan O’Hagan. 2016 in fact when under his New Atlas moniker , the synthpop singer/songwriter gave us his 'Young Hearts' EP.

After several further intervening singles, he now returns with his latest self-produced track, a bit of an infectious banger called 'Dizzi', released last Friday (March 9).

The zippy, dancefloor ready number already seems to be attracting a buzz, making an early appearance on the Costa coffee shop chain playlist.

What's it about? "I got drunk and kissed this person and totally convinced myself I was in love. I was totally infatuated! Then we kissing got super gross and heavy and a bouncer kicked me out and I cried," reveals Eoghan, who has now changed his name to the easier pronounced Owen ("because everyone kept calling me 'Egan', like the dude from Ghostbusters and that’s the worst!").

Find out more on New Atlas over on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment