Sunday, March 04, 2018

[Video] Shopping - Suddenly Gone





Post-punk trio Shopping have shared their third single and video from new album, 'The Official Body', out now on FatCat Records and recorded and produced by Edwyn Collins.

Directed and animated by LA-based Lessa Millet, who says of the work: “I went off of the energy of the song and the feeling behind it - this feeling of ‘I see what you're doing, and I'm done being used.’ It's optimistic and angry at the same time. In looking for images I just thought about all the instances a small group of people profit from everyone else, which way the money river flows, where does it pool. I think the magic tricks and hand shadows were a good metaphor for all the distractions that prevent us from seeing what is going on underneath."

Watch above.

No comments:

Post a Comment