Friday, April 13, 2018

Track Of The Day :: ABISHA - Project X





Words: Sam Geary

A Little Indie One To Watch 2018, alternative R&B singer-songwriter from Devon (by way of South London) ABISHA follows her entrance last year with 'All That' with new single, 'Project X'.

With elements of both R&B and soft electronica, pinned with soft bass notes and a sultry, yet not overwhelming vocal, she creates something that is both distinct and alluring.

"'Project X'’is completely different from anything else that I've got up my sleeve right now," says the 22-year-old. "It started off as an experiment. I wanted to create something that was completely unstructured and break the rules of a typical good’song a little bit. I'd discovered the track 'Up'’by Telana and fell in love with the sense of freedom that it had within it, and I wanted to replicate an element of that into 'Project X'. The theme of the track is just being completely besotted my someone and hoping that they feel the same way. It's playful and massively flirtatious."

No comments:

Post a Comment