Saturday, May 05, 2018

Electronic duo Majik share the visuals for affecting new single 'Animal'






Words: Ellie Ward

Directed by Andy Morgan of Electric Light Studios (Rag 'n' Bone Man, Rudimental), London electronic duo Majik share their first track and video of 2018, the introspective and affecting 'Animal'.

Having grown up with ADHD, Majik lyricist/vocalist Marcus struggled with depression in his teens; his only constant was - and continues to be - music and writing.

"It became a pattern of my life to watch the internal struggles become external antidotes," he reveals. "Music has been the paper and wings to allow my expression to communicate on the deepest level. For me it’s been about sharing those experiences to shed light on an overlooked shadow that lives beneath the surface. In order to let go, I write and with the cycles of my mind shaping the character of my lyrics, I am ever grateful they are there to help me and others".

'Animal', therefore, is one of his most personal songs to date of his relationship with mental illness. The lyrics "I'm lost like an animal", and "I just wanna be somebody else" strike a nerve, and when cast over an atmospheric backdrop of subdued beats and complementary arrangement, make for an emotive listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment