A Little Indie One To Watch 2018, London's Honey Lung put out two singles last year, 'Sophomore' and the fabulous 'Stuttering Mind'. Melodic grungegaze drenched in reverb, which they describe as "depressing bedroom pop that is let loose as noisy guitar driven disorder."
1. First time at TGE?
This is in fact our second time at the Great Escape!
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
I'd say we are a mixture of both. We had a huge amount of fun last year playing as well as watching so many amazing bands!
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Staying the whole event (hopefully).
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Danny's double backflip onto the sound guy's shoulders while soloing behind his head.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Dave at the bar, Jamie on the beach, Omri eating fish and chips and Danny doing backflips off the pier.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
Probably buying new Doc Martens, catching up with friends, long walks on the beach, taking photographs.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Ginger Snaps, FUR, Goat Girl and Phobophobes.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
We are on at the Green Store at 9:30pm on Saturday.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Sunscreen (or not).
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...
...because it's your one chance to see Danny attempt to backflip for the first time.
(Questions answered by vocalist Jamie Batten)
Track Honey Lung on Facebook
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 17 - 19. Click here for further information.