Thursday, July 12, 2018

Boniface channels his 'Dear Megan' summer ode





Words: Leah Raymond

After impressing at The Great Escape this year, Canadian Micah Visser - better known under his Boniface moniker - has some seriously catchy vibes going on on 'Dear Megan'; a synth confection and summery chorus lending just the right appeal.

"This one is special for me," he says. "I wrote it when I had just moved out of my parents’ house and I was feeling so overwhelmed and a little bit reckless. It was the middle of summer and I was happy but also filled with a lot of anxiety and it helped to go out and be surrounded by people. I was nervous and excited and trying to channel it all into my writing. I think that’s what the song is about really, being overwhelmed by the future but embracing the moment. Really believing in it."

Boniface returns to the UK later in the year to play London's Hoxton Bar & Kitchen on November 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment