Monday, July 23, 2018

Watch :: Welsh teens The Brocklebank contemplate turning '18'


Credit: MY PROD.


Words: Ellie Ward

Taken from their 'Youth' EP - listen here - the alt-rock teens from Pontypridd, South Wales share the music video to '18'.

The clip for the stripped back, poignant song - which opens with the visual lines of Jack Kerouac: "The only people for me are the mad ones..." - provides a vehicle for Curtis Hicks' heart-warming voice and acoustic guitar, and was filmed on Porthcawl beach.

Hicks wrote the song the night before his 18th birthday. "There was something so unnerving about becoming an adult," he shares. "I didn't feel quite ready for the responsibility. There's no chorus and it's just a stream of consciousness. I wrote it in a time of need. I turned to the only thing I knew I could do to calm my anxieties."

The Brocklebank are currently working on their next single, 'Love Is An Illusion', due out later in the year - and which they describe as "the poppiest song we've written so far".

Watch the video below.



Live dates

AUGUST
04 Tynant Club, Beddau
25 Rhondda Heritage Park (supporting The X Factor's Lloyd Macey)

SEPTEMBER
06 Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff (Spirit of '58 Show)
07 Working Men's Club, Llanharry (fundraiser for children in Fiji)
29 Day Fest, Level 2, Cardiff
(More dates to be announced)

No comments:

Post a Comment