Monday, September 24, 2018

Sing & Tell :: Veronica Eileen




A new name and face out of Michigan in the United States is 21-year-old singer-songwriter and electronic musician Veronica Eileen, making her fragrant debut with single 'Bouquet'.


Who are you? 

I'm Veronica Eileen, based out of Muskegon, Michigan. I can play a little bit of piano and guitar. I also am a singer-songwriter too.

Tell us something about yourself and how you came to be where you are today.

I'm a very to-myself person, but when I'm performing or recording in the studio I can feel myself become so alive. I know what I'm doing what I love. How I came to be? That's a tricky one, I would say it's all the constant support and positive responses I get from my family and fans. I would be nothing without them.

Give us an idea of your musical style and influences.

My musical style comes from somewhere deep inside me. I could be feeling a certain way about a situation that doesn't make me feel the greatest, and I will sit down and write until my arm falls off, or until I feel better. All my music really shows my insides, and I'm not apologizing for any of it. It's how I feel, how I express myself when I can't seem to say the right words.

My influences are based on the enviroment I am in at the time. It really depends. When I'm in the city I really feel Lana Del Ray, Bon Iver. But when Im alone chilling I really like Fleetwood Mac, Fleet Foxes and BMTH.

Explain the production and writing process behind your songs.

Well, normally I would give off a vibe to the producer I'm working with and then proceed to write, or I write the song on guitar first and transition it into the electronic production.

Tell us a little about your new single.

'Bouquet' is about a girl who felt she needed validation from another but she realizes she doesn't need anyone to make her feel better. She has herself. She is enough. This track really means a lot to me, it’s like my baby. And now I’m releasing it into the world to listen, accept or even get judged. It’s a really self-lifting song stating that you don’t need anyone to make you feel better. You just need to believe in YOU.



Can we catch up with you at any forthcoming live shows?

I'm working on my live performance right now, so hopefully soon, yes! I'm super excited about this!

How's the rest of the year looking, plans-wise?

Very busy, while polishing up this album, I am about to start my second one very soon. I'm super excited and love the process of watching my song transform into something magical. That and I have college too. Ahaa.

Where can we hear more of your music?

'Bouquet' should be out on Spotify and Apple Music soon, but for now you can listen to it on YouTube and Soundcloud.

What social media platforms can we find you on? 

Facebook // Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment