Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Japanese House returns with new single ‘Lilo’





Words: Sam Geary

Amber Bain - aka The Japanese House - returns with a new cut after last year’s ‘Saw You In A Dream’ EP.

"I was alone, I was emotional /
Searching for the right emoticon / To expand my mental lexicon /
And Gemma told me that she met someone / It was the person I'd been counting on / It felt good, it felt transitional / A feeling I'd been waiting on", she sings on the tranquil synthpop single.

‘Lilo’ is, says Amber, “how, to me, her every movement - paired with her approach to life - seemed as serene as the image of a lilo floating across a swimming pool… it is a reminder to me that I am good at falling in love and I can survive falling out of it. I’m good at falling.”

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment