Monday, November 26, 2018

Silent Forum rail against the 9-5 on 'Robot'


Credit: The Shoot


Words: Sam Geary

Little Indie featured Cardiff art rock post-punks Silent Forum back in the summer when they took our Sing & Tell questions.

Now they are back with 'Robot', the second single to be taken from their
debut album, out on December 7 via Libertino Records.

The jittering, energy-driven number is sure to get feet movjng, while lyrically it speaks from the perspective of a jaded and stressed office employee against an unlikely dance-punk backdrop: "I feel a shortage of high pressure in my life / I need the office chair / I need spreadsheets I hold dear / I love coffee, I hate beer".

“'Robot' is a fun character piece," says vocalist Richard Wiggins. "The world already has enough breakup songs, or songs about partying - I thought it'd be funny to write something about a disgruntled office worker. It's not a song about me - I have a far more positive outlook than whoever this song is about.”


No comments:

Post a Comment