Monday, November 12, 2018

Yorke makes impressive debut with first single 'First Light'




Words: Ellie Ward

'First Light' is the impressive first hearing of 20-year-old indie pop singer-songwriter Grace Hughes from Byron Bay, Australia, aka Yorke.

Recorded with Chris Collins (Tigertown), with whom the track was co-written, it is, she says, "an anthem of love and self-care. I hope it is the kind of song you’d want to jam out in the car late at night!"

With its layers of vibrant percussion and piano, plentious pop hooks and infectious chorus, overseen by Yorke's encompassing voice, 'First Light' feels both bittersweet in lyrics - “I must confess, I’m doing my best to hold you up, to find myself again / I must confess, I’m a mess right now” - asbit does empowering.

Listen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment