Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Swimming Girls share new track, ‘Pray In Silence’, from upcoming EP





Words: Ellie Ward 

After recently sharing ‘1 2 Many’,
Swimming Girls are back with new track, ‘Pray In Silence’.

Both come from the Bristol band's upcoming EP ‘Existential Fears’, out on June 7.

Describing the song as "one of the most personal I've ever written," Vanessa Gimenez adds:

“I wrote it on Christmas Day three years ago when my dad’s health was arguably at it’s worse. He was on medication that was shutting his body down and I thought he was going to die that week. At times like these you wish that you believed in a god just so you can justify the situation by saying ‘he’ll be in a better place’. I don’t believe in a god so I had to fully mourn and come to terms with the fact that I might not ever see him again. But I think everyone prays in moments of desperation, just in case.”

Listen below via the video clip, directed by Aidan Zamiri.



Live dates

JUNE
10 Bristol Exchange
11 London, The Lexington

AUGUST
02 110 Above Festival, Warks

No comments:

Post a Comment