Monday, May 27, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Famous - Forever





Words: Sam Geary 

London art-punks Famous unveil new single ‘Forever’, taken from their debut mini-album 'England', to be released via Untitled Records on May 31.

“I wrote 'Forever' about a year ago, whilst reading Goethe’s The Sorrows of Young Werther, a very beautiful but very ridiculous story about unrequited love," reveals frontman Jack Merrett, who supplies the spoken-style vocals to the off-kilter track.

"The more I read, the more the story started to resemble a situation in my own life. So I took the character’s names and, with that anonymity, was able to speak more cuttingly about my experiences. This is definitely where Famous is going directionally; gushing, slower songs with a big emphasis on lyricism. It’s ultimately quite a conventional love song, if very grandiose. It’s something I’m very proud of."



Live dates

JUNE
06 Sebright Arms London

AUGUST
01 The Three Wheel Drive festival Andover, Hants

No comments:

Post a Comment