Friday, May 31, 2019

Track Of The Day :: King Princess - Cheap Queen





Words: Ellie Ward 

American singer/songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist King Princess, aka Mikaela Straus, delivers her sassy new release, 'Cheap Queen'.

The first offering from the forthcoming debut album by the Brooklyn-based artist, due later this year via Mark Ronson's Zelig Records and Columbia Records, and follows her 2018 debut 'Make My Bed' EP.

“I can be good sometimes / I’m a cheap queen / I can be a what you like / And I can be bad sometimes / I’m a real queen / I can make grown men cry” she sings over understated piano opening and glitchy beats; her soulful vocals wrapped in a warm production.

Check it out now.



Live dates

JUNE
26 London, O2 Forum
26-30 Glastonbury Festival
27-30 Rock Werchter, Belgium

AUGUST
22-25 Reading Festival
22-25 Leeds Festival
23-25 Rock En Seine, France

No comments:

Post a Comment