Thursday, June 06, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Froth - 77


Credit:
Jeff Fribourg


Words: Ellie Ward 

LA noise-rock trio Froth head up to the release of their new co-produced with Tomas Dolas (Oh Sees/Mr. Elevator) full-length, 'Duress', this Friday (June 7 on Wichita Recordings), with the drop of beat-driven single '77'.

The anxious, yet also effusive track, moves edgily along three minutes around the lo-fi guest vocals of Izzy Glaudini of Automatic, lending a experimental juxtaposition that is both slightly discordant as it is hypnotically relaxing. Curious and highly listenable.

“Toward the end of the album, Tomas and I were really digging deep into my voice memos trying to see what was worth making into a real song," explains frontman JooJoo Ashworth on the song.

"I had him play bass and synth while I sung and played some guitar. Only with Tomas would we ever come up with an odd timing song. The lyrics are mostly about when I was living with my parents for a couple months after I got kicked out of my apartment by an evil landlord.”

The band will support the record with a UK tour in September.

Live UK dates

SEPTEMBER
08 Komedia, Brighton
09 YES, Manchester
10 Nice 'n Sleazy, Glasgow
11 Hare & Hounds, Birmingham
12 Studio 9294, London

No comments:

Post a Comment