Thursday, August 15, 2019

Girl Band are 'Going Norway' (but not for their hols)





Words: Sam Geary 

Girl Band are excited to be 'Going Norway' - as we are!

The track marks the second single from their new album 'The Talkies', produced by bassist Daniel Fox,
out on Rough Trade Records on September 27.

"‘Going Norway' was actually one of the first tracks we finished but the melody actually comes from a track that I wrote about 8 years ago," reveals vocalist Dara Kiely.

"I saved that melody and brought it up when I didn’t have any ideas left, I was also doing a lot of mindfulness meditation around the time of it, so lyrically I decided not to use any pronouns within 'Going Norway' and the whole album - that came about when I came across this quote from the Buddha which was ’Nothing is to be clung to as I, me or mine’ - and I removed all that in a way to kind of find an abstract world to live in.



UK/EU dates

NOVEMBER
02 Manchester - Academy 2
05 London - Electric Ballroom
07 Brussels – Botanique (Sold Out)
08 Utrecht - Le Guess Who? 2019
12 Berlin - Bi Nuu
14 Paris - La Maroquinerie
22 Dublin - Vicar Street (Sold Out)
23 Dublin - Vicar Street

No comments:

Post a Comment