Wednesday, September 18, 2019

‘I Don't Want 2 B Ur Friend' says rising star Devon (ah...okay then)





Words: Ellie Ward 

Twenty-year-old producer, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Devon, heads up to a London live visit next month on the back of his Universal Music On Demand signing and latest single, ‘I Don't Want 2 B Ur Friend'.

Picking up plaudits with his unique blend of alt-pop, ‘I Don't Want 2 B Ur Friend' was mixed by Tarek Musa (Spring King, The 1975) and has already been his biggest success to date, gaining BBC introducing attention and significant Spotify playlisting.

“It feels cool that I have found my own way to start carving a path in the music world," says the Gloucestershire native. "I already feel part of the family and feel excited to work with this team. Considering the odds are already stacked against new artists, and particularly those from disconnected rural areas. I hope I can show other artists from smaller towns that this is achievable and not just something that happens on TV”

Catch Devon live at London's Camden Assembly on October 12, and Rough Trade, Bristol on October 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment