Friday, September 27, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Philip Brooks - Can’t Fix The Things I Left Behind





Words: Ali Mack

A dreampop anthem built around the soulful, yet subtle, voice of London- based 22-year-old Philip Brooks, is new single ‘Can’t Fix The Things I Left Behind’.

Released today (September 27th), the anthem against self-pity, which combines delicate 80s synthwave of Bleachers with modern elements of introspective contemporaries such as Sharon Van Etten and Girl In Red, was written “in a sleepless night full of panic attacks, overthinking and moments of 'oh fuck, oh fuck I fucked up',” says Philip, as he sings: “I try so hard to change, but I'm so tied up in all of this", amidst airy synths.

‘Can’t Fix The Things I Left Behind’ arrives ahead of his forthcoming debut EP, ‘Half Alive In A Dream’, and a headline show at Paper Dress Vintage, London on November 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment