Tuesday, January 21, 2020

'Do U Wanna' hear what's new from Porches?




Words: Sam Geary 

Porches, aka Aaron Maine, the synth-pop New Yorker, has today revealed a new album is on the way.

'Ricky Music', the follow-up to 2018’s 'The House', will be released on March 13 via Domino.

Ahead of that, he shares new track 'Do U Wanna' from the record, along with a video co-directed with frequent collaborator Nick Harwood.

“‘Do U Wanna’ is a song about looking at yourself and realizing the disparity between how you’d like to act and how you actually act," says Maine. “The fun you vs. the isolated you. I feel like with the refrain I’m almost taunting myself to get up and do something.”

On the new album, he added:

"'Ricky Music' was written and recorded between December 2017 and the spring of 2019. Mostly in New York at my apartment, but some of it in Chicago, Los Angeles, and various cities while touring around Europe. This record is an account of the beauty, confusion, anger, joy and sadness I experienced during that time. I think I was as lost as I was madly in love. In these songs I hear myself sometimes desperate for clarity, and other times, having enough perspective to laugh at myself in some of my darkest moments. That’s sort of what this album is about, I hope you enjoy it."

No comments:

Post a Comment