Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Track Of The Day :: Club Paradise - Teenagers





Words: Ellie Ward 

After last year's 'Closer', Newcastle outfit Club Paradise have come up with another winner on new single, 'Teenagers'.

Coming just before they support APRE later this week, the track is a personal lament by vocalist/guitarist Ryan Young on growing up and the responsibilities that come with adulthood. With a nostalgic bent, 'Teenagers' still comes with the Club Paradise trademark stamp of catchy alt-pop hooks and immediate likeability.

"When I was a kid, I remember being in the car with my dad and driving along the coast badgering on about how I just wanted to grow up and how it wasn’t fair that I couldn’t do things because of my age," says Young. "He said: 'Trust me, you’ll wish for it all again when you’re older.' Fuck, he was right. I didn’t know how good I had it and now here I am longing for that lack of responsibility, that sense of freedom and that hunger for time to move forward not back.

"Sometimes it feels like we weren’t supposed to be here or that life wasn’t supposed to turn out this way, but we still have memories to cherish and if we can remember step back and think, those memories are still happening now. 'Teenagers' is about letting go and living just as much as it is about dealing with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia."



Live dates

FEBRUARY
14 Digital Newcastle w/APRE

MARCH
06 Cobalt Studios CIC Newcastle upon Tyne

No comments:

Post a Comment