Friday, March 13, 2020

Track Of The Day :: Bella Venutti's prettything project releases second single 'One More July'





Words: Ellie Ward 

Following  last year's debut 'Endless Blue', Melbourne artist Bella Venutti (singer and guitarist with indie outfit IV League) has released a new single, 'One More July', the second cut from her solo project called prettything.

"'One More July' reflects on the way that memories and regrets can be drummed up by the arrival of a season or time in the year," says Bella of the lush dreampop track. "Like a lot of my writing, I wanted to evoke a wistful sense of nostalgia. It’s quite a bittersweet little tune."

Working with producer Edvard Hakansson, Bella was able to realise her vision for the song, a hybrid of flavours and inspirations and something uniquely her own.

"The lyrics of this song are inspired by a poem by my friend Meg Duncan (writer and film maker). Edvard really helped me shape the sound and allowed me to work really closely with my references. The production process was extremely collaborative and we worked together to fine tune every little detail of the track."

No comments:

Post a Comment