Friday, July 31, 2020

Rosehip Teahouse release new single 'Thought Number 3' ahead of debut EP





Words: Ellie Ward 

With their debut EP ‘Chillin In The Void’ just around the corner, Cardiff indie pop five-piece Rosehip Teahouse drop a new cut from it, 'Thought Number 3'.

“I wrote this song a couple of years back now," says vocalist/guitarist Faye Rogers. "I was really struggling with my mental health, and this song was my expression of feeling as if my problems were stopping me from being able to live my life in the way I wanted to.

The lo-fi track is one of five on the EP - which is due on August 14 via Sad Club Records - and is highlighted with Faye's delicate vocal harmonies delivering heartfelt lyrics.

“The version of this song on the EP is the one I recorded the day I finished writing the song in 2017," Faye adds, "miserable in my room at my parents’ house using a cheap microphone and GarageBand on an old MacBook that I was putting off returning to my ex. It feels like a long time ago now, but every time I hear it, it feels like 3am in that room that was too warm again.”

Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment