Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Australian artist merci, mercy shares visualiser for 'Fall Apart'


Credit: She Is Aphrodite



Words: Sam Geary 

We recently heard 19-year-old Australian artist merci, mercy's second single 'Fall Apart', taken from her debut EP 'no thank you, no thanks', out on October 16 via Liberation Records.

Now the Sydney-based electronic singer-songwriter shares the track's visual accompaniment.

Directed by Charli XCX-collaborator Bianca Bosso and Sam Murphy from The Interns, the half live action, half animated clip displays merci, mercy questioning the idea of getting involved with someone. The striking and bright-colored images symbolize her self-described “cynical mind” as it relates to romantic relationships.

"I was so excited to film my first video,” she says. “I was a little nervous, but my sister bought champagne to loosen up during filming, and after a few takes, it was so fun. I love how Bianca has built an entire animated world for me, and with this video it’s just taken it to the next level.”

Check it out.

1 comment: