Wednesday, September 16, 2020

'I Meant What I Said’ state Rosehip Teahouse




Words: Ellie Ward 

After their July share of 'Thought Number 3', Cardiff bedroom pop band Rosehip Teahouse offer another track from their debut EP ‘Chillin In The Void’.

Dreamy lead single ‘I Meant What I Said’, released today (September 16) via Big Indie Records, was produced by Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard's Thomas Rees, and precedes a second EP due before the end of the year

“I wrote this song a couple of years ago in a time where I was acting purely on emotion, getting overwhelmed and then running away," explains frontperson Faye Rogers of the mellow two and a half minute song.

"In this particular situation, I ran away to Copenhagen with my flatmate. The song came to me in the blue shower in our little blue Airbnb. I could have sworn the smell of the shampoo was the exact same as the one used by a person I had cared deeply for, and suddenly I was back sitting in the street next to them, crying and walking away, ultimately ending our relationship. ‘I Meant What I Said’ is my apology note, but I don’t know if they ever heard it."

Listen in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment