Thursday, November 26, 2020

Drones unveil album title-track 'Our Hell Is Right Here'

Credit: James Kellegher


Words: Sam Geary 

London punk-rock five-piece Drones make their return with a strong statement against power abuse with the unveiling of their new second album’s title-track 'Our Hell Is Right Here' - which is out February 12 2021 via Lockjaw Records.

Produced by guitarist Tim Kramer at Signal House Studios, the riotious cut - which features Petrol Girls' Ren Aldridge - is visceral and commanding, with Lois McDougall's powerful vocals to the fore.

"It’s been a pretty rough ride for the past couple of years," says McDougall. "But I struggle with claiming my problems and sadness as valid because they are disproportionate to the danger and loss that many face every day. It got to the point where I was almost ashamed to write songs about my own life. However, I’m learning that personal care and self-worth is not something to be diminished. 

"There are songs on this album that I had to write for my own therapy. Whilst writing this record, I went through a divorce, lost a family member and was battling with my own mental health. At the same time, it felt like the world was falling apart. ‘Our Hell Is Right Here’ is the product of my experiences over the past few months. There’s a lot of sadness on this record, but I can now look back and celebrate who I have become in spite of it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment