Thursday, January 21, 2021

Manchester outfit Blanketman 'Leave The South'

Credit: 
Through The Eyes of Ruby


Words: Sam Geary 

Manchester four-piece Blanketman have popped out a new single 'Leave The South', where they ponder the relative merits of the north versus the south.

Following last year's 'Beach Body’ and ‘Harold’, this new track is also set to appear on their forthcoming Luke Smith (Foals)-produced debut EP 'National Trust', due out on March 19 via PIAS.

"The song harks back to five years ago when I was living in Reading while at uni," says vocalist/guitarist Adam Hopper. "While not a bad place, I found my final year tough and was becoming disillusioned with what I was doing and where I was. I was in a rut mentally and my friends had stayed up north and I found myself feeling increasingly isolated and skint. 

"I managed to convince myself that moving back up North would solve all my problems like it was some kind of utopia and started blaming where I was for said problems. I laugh at that now and that’s what the song is about. Although the water really does taste better up North…”

No comments:

Post a Comment