Thursday, June 26, 2014

Zola Jesus Streams 'Dangerous Days' From New Album



Nika, the 25-year-old singer / songwriter / producer behind Zola Jesus’ creative incarnations, has announced details of a brand new album, 'Taiga', set for release on October 6.

'Taiga', her first work since signing to Mute, was written on Vashon Island, WA and mixed in Los Angeles by Dean Hurley, and follows the widely celebrated albums, 'Versions' (2013) and 'Conatus' (2011). This is Nika’s fourth full-length album release and the first single from the forthcoming 11-track album is ‘Dangerous Days’, which you can stream here:



The album title, Nika explains, “...is the Russian name for the boreal forest. For me it feels very alive… very expansive. It represents a feral, untapped world that could happily exist without us. There are taiga forests in Northern Wisconsin where I was raised, and also in Russia where my ancestors are from, so it also feels very native.”

“For me, it feels like my true debut, because it is the first time I have felt so open and liberated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment