Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Track Of The Day :: Mitski - I Don't Smoke



Coming across the Brooklyn-based songstress Mitski Miyawaki a few weeks ago, we were blown away enough by hearing her track 'Townie' - which featured in our Hot Top Ten - but giving us another taste from her full-length, 'Bury Me At Makeout Creek', with 'I Don't Smoke' has just taken it to another level.

It really shouldn't go together, her delicately soaring vocal that in places lends to a Japanese intoned style, against a bank of fuzzy, wailing reverb. Yet once you hear it, you can't think of anything better. It is certainly unlike almost anything else you will hear this week ... month ... year.

“If you need to be mean, be mean to me/I can take it and put it inside of me/If your hands need to break more than trinkets in your room/You can lean on my arm as you break my heart.”

'Bury Me At Makeout Creek' is released on November 11 thru Double Double Whammy.


No comments:

Post a Comment