Saturday, October 03, 2015

Listen :: Dinosaur Pile-Up - Red And Purple




Words: Ellie Ward

New from Dinosaur Pile-Up, the third track to be released from the forthcoming third album ‘Eleven Eleven’, out on October 16 via SO Recordings.

"'Red And Purple' originally started out as just the intro and a few verse chords. It was called 'Black Coffee' for a long time because I guess I must've been drinking that when I wrote it,” explains Dinosaur vocalist Matt Bigland. “Which means there's a high chance that I was sat in my pants at my desk on the wrong side of some earth-shattering come down, or it was a Sunday. After it was called 'Black Coffee' it was called 'Ups And Downs' for a long time. We'd screw around with it in rehearsal until one time, just before tour, I busted out the riff in the middle and instantly knew it had to be on the next record. It's about feeling weird and on the outside of everything. It's about super bad mood swings and like you can't fit in with everybody else. I imagined that I was crazy scrawling on the floor in red pens or some shit, and that if there was a God they would be A-OK with me being a dick sometimes. The end.”

The band have also announced a UK headline tour next month, with Big Society, Broken Hands, Hyena and Traams supporting.

NOVEMBER
02 Birmingham Rainbow
03 Newcastle Think Tank
04 Glasgow King Tuts
06 Manchester Ruby Lounge
07 Leeds Key Club
08 Nottingham Bodega
09 Norwich Waterfront Studio
11 London Tufnell Park Dome
12 Bristol Exchange
13 Brighton Bleach

No comments:

Post a Comment