Monday, May 08, 2017

Listen :: Get Inuit - All My Friends




Words: Sam Geary

Following January's 'Barbiturates', Kent foursome Get Inuit get back on song with another highly infectious number, 'All My Friends'.

"I wrote it as a sort of anti-enjoyment song to compete with all of the age orientated pop music I hear in mainstream music," reveals vocalist Jamie Glass of the energetic pop track and its wry lyrics. "I wanted to use lyrics that would alienate people that live inside their bubbles whilst constantly trying to rationalise all of the safe decisions they made to get to that point.

"Although the message is clear throughout song, I wanted to appear a little hypocritical and a little childish. I leaned towards using squeamish metaphors to make a mockery of the point I was making."



Get Inuit are on tour now with Clean Cut Kid and play their own headline show in London on May 25 at Dingwalls.

MAY
08 BRISTOL The Exchange (w/Clean Cut Kid)
09 BRIGHTON Patterns (w/Clean Cut Kid)
12 MANCHESTER Sound Control (w/Clean Cut Kid)
20 LIVERPOOL Academy(w/Clean Cut Kid)
25 LONDON Dingwalls

No comments:

Post a Comment