Friday, November 10, 2017

Track Of The Day :: Trophy Eyes - Hurt





Words: Ellie Ward

From Newcastle, New South Wales, Trophy Eyes return with a heart-tugger of a new single in 'Hurt', which is out this week.

"Writing 'Hurt' was the most natural process I've experienced so far when writing a Trophy Eyes song," says vocalist John Floreani of the band's first new material since last year’s second album, 'Chemical Miracle'."I ran from my shower, covered in suds and in nothing but a towel to record the idea for the chorus into my phone with my mouth. The rest of the song just wrote itself.

"It was truly the first time I could say how I really feel in a song. Being able to portray the emotion, no matter the cost, has been a luxury for me of late and has been nurtured since I wrote my first Trophy Eyes song."

Trophy Eyes are about to embark on their first North American headline tour, joined by Free Throw, Head North and Grayscale. See dates further down.

Ahead of this the Australian five-piece have announced founding drummer Callum Cramp has left the band - which may or may not be part and parcel of the band seemingly leaving their hardcore-infused punk of previous behind, for 'Hurt's' more emotive, pop-rock direction.



Live dates

NOVEMBER
24 - Seattle, WA @ The Funhouse
25 - Portland, OR @ Analog Lounge
26 - Berkeley, CA @ Cornerstone
27 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo
28 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
29 - San Diego, CA @ The Irenic
30 - Phoenix, AZ @ Rebel Lounge
DECEMBER
02 - Dallas, TX @ Dirty 30
03 - Houston, TX @ Walters
05 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
06 - Nashville, TN @ The End
07 - Columbus, OH @ Woodlands Tavern
08 - Detroit, MI @ The Shelter
09 - Cleveland, OH @ Mahalls
10 - Toronto, ON @ The Hard Luck
12 - Buffalo, NY @ Mohawk Place
13 - Cambridge, MA @ Sonia
14 - Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bazaar
15 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Foundry
16 - Washington DC @ DC9
17 - Asbury Park, NJ @ House of Independents

No comments:

Post a Comment