Thursday, August 30, 2018

Watch :: Poppy Rose brings visual treatment to 'Lost'


Credit: @novastella_


Words: Linn Branson

We fell in love with Melbourne songstress Poppy Rose earlier this year on hearing 'Lost', and now she brings the visuals to the table for the track.

Co-produced with We Made That production team and Jaymee Leyana, the video sees Poppy walking barefoot in a forest scene, as she reflectfully sings the lyrics: "I’m holding onto a thread / And I can barely cope / I’m holding onto this pain I have / And it’s taking all of my hope / But then I speak out / All the demons inside of me I breathe out / And I let go of my past."

It is, says Poppy, "deliberately straightforward, because sometimes things don’t have to be complicated for you to understand the beauty and strength in simplicity. Without trying to sound selfish, this one was for me – for all the times I struggled and felt exhausted from life’s bearings and complications, for all the times I felt like giving up, for every moment that broke me.”

Poppy is on tour with fellow Australian, hip-hop artist 360, on his national tour. See dates below.



Live dates
(supporting 360)

AUGUST
31 The Beery, Terrigal
SEPTEMBER
01 The Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle
02 Miranda Hotel, Miranda
05 The Station, Perisher
06 Mr Wolf, Canberra
07 Waves, Wollongong
08 Woolshed, Albury
OCTOBER
19 Mr Wolf, Canberra
20 Que Bar, Wagga

NOVEMBER
16-18 Loch Hart Music Festival (solo)

No comments:

Post a Comment