Thursday, September 06, 2018

Marsicans drop new single 'Suburbs' along with Fickle Friends tour dates





Words: Ellie Ward

Hot off the back of triumphant sets at Reading and Leeds Festivals the other weekend, Marsicans have dropped a new track: 'Suburbs'.

The follow-up to 'Pop-Ups (Sunny at the Weekend)', 'Suburbs' was produced by Embrace's Mickey Dale and mixed and mastered by the multi-Grammy award winning duo of Fernando Lodeiro (Paul McCartney, Vampire Weekend) and Joe LaPorta (David Bowie), and sees the quartet bring out their distinctive harmony-laden, upbeat indie meets dirty pop sound.

This week has also seen Marsicans announced as support for Fickle Friends on their UK tour this autumn, including a date at London’at Shepherd's Bush Empire. See below.

"'Suburbs' is about the feeling of not being comfortable where you are," reveals frontman James Newbigging. "I'd just got back from a pretty hectic few weeks away and I was looking forward to being home. But then I kept getting bored straight away. I guess it's kind of about wanting more all the time: more experiences, a change of scenery, but not quite knowing why you want it or why you need it. I started over-thinking things quite needlessly. I remember go-ing past a man mowing the grass, making sure the curb edge was pristine, and it made me question everything, I don't know, but I was probably having a quarter-life crisis."



Live dates

SEPTEMBER
29 Glasgow, Tenement Trail

OCTOBER
06 Manchester, Neighbourhood Festival
18 Bristol, SWX
19 London, Shepherd's Bush Empire *
20 Cambridge, Junction *
22 Nottingham, The Level *
24 Glasgow, The Garage *
25 Newcastle, Northumbria Institute *
26 Birmingham, Academy 2*
27 Manchester, Academy 2 *

* w/ Fickle Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment