Saturday, December 01, 2018

Kllo return with new release - 'Candid'


Credit: Alan Weedon


Words: Ellie Ward

Melbourne duo Kllo return with their second single  to end 2018, 'Candid'. Out through Good Manners Records and Ghostly International, the stunning new track once again showcases a slightly new approach from Kllo, with focus shifting toward their heavy RnB inspirations, while still possessing the intricate electronic soundscapes that were found on previous releases dating back from their debut in 2014.

"It is inspired by a personal experience I had (most of our songs are) but this time it's done with a lot more strength and perseverance," reveals Chloe Kaul. "Not compromising, not being 'so nice' in my reaction to an uncomfortable experience. Just being as candid as I can and deserve to be. It's understanding the power of my words, which is something new to me and the fundamental key to my happiness."

The track is shared alongside a introspective video, filmed while on tour in a neon-lit Seoul, Korea, by local filmmaker Moon Taerim.

Watch below.


No comments:

Post a Comment