Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Fat White Family say it ‘Tastes Good With The Money’





Words: Ellie Ward 

Directed by Roisin Murphy, Fat White Family have released a new video clip to accompany ‘Tastes Good With The Money’, a track their forthcoming third album, ‘Serfs Up!’, out April 19 via Domino Records.

The track, described as their “ode to West London”, features Baxter Drury providing a vocal input.

"I’ve been making it known for years how much I wanted to make a video for this band," says Murphy of the visual. "I’m a massive fan of FWF and I’ve been chasing this opportunity for a long time. For me there’s such a charm about them and an authenticity that’s actually incredibly rare. I knew I could not possibly work with a more magnetic bunch of performers.

"The idea of referencing Monty Python partly came out of the somewhat absurd and confusing political landscape that we are now living in Britain, Python seems prescient. The British laughing at themselves, a certain kind glee even in the loss of empire, singing as the ship goes down, well it just seems so... of the moment. There is this deep ambivalence to the establishment that resonates with the Fat Whites own irreverent world view.

"When I look at the video, what I see is the trust they put in me and I’m so proud of that. Maybe it’s because I am a performer too but they let themselves be put in a kind-of vulnerable situation; they allowed themselves to be foolish, silly and absurd in a way that could have gone tits-up, however, the result is hilarious and the performances are second to none."

Check it out below.



The Fat Whites play several in-stores next month for the album release ahead of their May tour.

APRIL
19 Rough Trade East LONDON
22 Resident BRIGHTON
23 Rough Trade BRISTOL
24 Jacaranda LIVERPOOL
26 Banquet KINGSTON

No comments:

Post a Comment