Thursday, March 21, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Suns Up - Just Because





Words: Ellie Ward 

Coming on the heels of 'Love You Back' which opened the year for Chichester-based Suns Up, they now bring out an even poppier, even synthier - even better - new offering with 'Just Because'.

Describing their infectious sound as "Music made with guitars to sing and dance to", they are not at all wrong, as the indie-pop earworm 'Just Because' - produced once again by Gethin Pearson (JAWS, Kele Okereke) - is exactly something to join in with.

“We had an idea which we kept coming back to at rehearsals. I had an opening line and a melody that I really liked, but the rest took time to get right," says vocalist/guitarist David Kelly. "I’m not a very open person, but I find in my music that I am. This song turned out to be quite personal to me about someone close and I wanted the music to do justice to that.”

We think it does.

Join Suns Up on March 26 at The Visconti Studio at Kingston Hill campus for a 'Live to Tape' session on March 26. Further details here


No comments:

Post a Comment