Friday, May 24, 2019

Listen :: Party Hardly - The Hopskotch Man





Words: Sam Geary 

Party Hardly are getting ready for their own party with the release of their second EP this summer. Before that, they share now, the fuzzed-up, melodic lead single 'The Hopskotch Man'.

Out today and available via all digital platforms, the song came to fruition after guitarist Matt Pownall suffered an injury resulting in reconstruction surgery he was left bed-bound for some months. The Hopskotch Man was a culmination of the subsequent depression that tormented his mind.

"'The Hopskotch Man' is my anxiousness sitting on my shoulder," he reveals. "I would often have very vivid dreams during my recovery and a sinister man would always come and ask me to play a game of hopscotch, knowing full well that I couldn’t walk. The only way I got rid of this recurring nightmare was to look at him dead in the eyes and beat him at his own game. I’ve slept like a baby ever since."

Listen in beliw - and catch Party Hardly live on June 8 at Wharf Chambers, Leeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment