Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Watch :: Glass Peaks share visuals for single ‘Traffic’





Words: Sam Geary 

Shot and edited themselves, Glass Peaks share the visuals for latest single ‘Traffic’.

The band teamed up with sculptor and artist Amy Rose Barnes, in a time lapse clip, which sees Barnes create her own visual interpretation of the song, with the only brief given was the song itself and the single artwork that was created by the band’s guitarist, Jake Cox.

“I wrote the lyrics for 'Traffic' in order to address my own mental health and wellbeing," says lead vocalist/bassist Alfie Jefferies. "It's something I struggle with on a day-to-day basis. It's only through opening up and talking about it that I've been able to manage my mental health more confidently and identify when I need to take a step back and give myself some time and space - 'Traffic' is about that.

"It's about talking, realising you're not on your own and taking a brave step to address any anxieties, issues and worries etc without fear of judgement or failure. It's easier said than done, and I know I still have my moments of wanting to run away from my problems, bury my head in the sand and find the quickest possible exit. It's tough, but with conversation - and in my case - music; it has become far more manageable. I'm hanging in there and taking it one day at a time with the support of the band, family and friends.”



Live dates

JUNE
20 Head Of Steam NEWCASTLE
21 The Victoria BIRMINGHAM

JULY
20  Pennfest  BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
21 Tramlines SHEFFIELD
27 The Amersham Arms LONDON

No comments:

Post a Comment