Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Dream State have penned 'Twenty Letters' - and now they're a song





Words: Sam Geary 

Welsh four-piece Dream State have dropped their personal new single, 'Twenty Letters'.

Taken from their incoming debut album 'Primrose Path', out on October 18 via UNFD, the track was premiered last night by Annie Mac on her BBC Radio One show.

"Twenty Letters is one of my favourite tracks from Primrose Path," says vocalist CJ Gilpin. "It was about a time in my life where it was a make or break moment. Society’s standardised ways of living were crippling; I was constantly carrying the pain of others around me and I started to face the shadow aspects to my own personality and felt trapped and tormented by my own mind. I sat in my room in the dark and I just cried and broke down. I felt so alone and all my pain rose to the surface and I had to face it all head on, rather than run from it like I always had by self-medicating.

"The urge to write had overcome me and felt that what I would write was either going to say goodbye or ease some pain in some way but I knew that night I would do things differently this time. As I started to write, I flooded pages with all the things that were hurting me and my lack of understanding of it all, but shortly after I purged my pain, hope would follow and conquer it. It was cathartic doing it that way."

Listen to 'Twenty Letters' below, and catch the band on tour - see dates below.



Live dates

OCTOBER
27 Glasgow - Cat house
28 Manchester - Club Academy
29 Birmingham - Asylum
30 Bournemouth - Old Fire Station

NOVEMBER
01 Swansea - Sin City
02 London - ULU

No comments:

Post a Comment