Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Norwegian electronic artist Sea Change shares new single 'FLOWN'





Words: Ellie Ward 

Norwegian electronic artist Sea Change - Ellen Sunde - shares new single 'FLOWN', a track taken from her forthcoming album 'INSIDE', out on November 15.

"The song is about identity and transformation," says Sunde of 'FLOWN', "the need to break free from the limitations others put on you and the limitations we also often put on ourselves."

Written during a time of signifiant change, the album found Sunde having relocated to Berlin, and also spending significant time in LA, where the arts district is less-pronounced but just as stimulating. Partly a document of the culture she embraced through this time in the form of techno's mesmerising club scene and the sexual freedom these clubs provide, the album is also about working through loneliness, discarding inhibitions to carve out a new way of making music, fully challenging herself in the process.

“When I made this record I tried to channel the same state of mind I have when I go clubbing,” she adds. "Not overthinking everything, like I usually do, but instead embracing my impulses; working intuitively, almost anti-intellectual. I learned that that's where I am able to get to the core of what I need to express and that I just had to trust those decisions."

Check out 'FLOWN' here.


No comments:

Post a Comment