Thursday, October 03, 2019

Track Of The Day :: Stereo Honey - You Are A Monster





Words: Ellie Ward 

Ahead of their UK outing with Amber Run, London-based foursome Stereo Honey this week return with new single, 'You Are A Monster'.

Its title is rather apt. From its darkly ominous opening. the sturdy track (the first cut from the band's debut album, due for release next year via LAB Records) vibrates on its drums and wailing guitars, helmed by Pete Restrick's arresting vocals that deliver its authentic lyrics about hopelessness and love.

“But it’s not a hopeless song," says lyricist Restrick. "The title is meant to be provocative. They’re words I’m not exactly comfortable singing based on the simple realisation that in the midst of your own toxicity and self-loathing you can become your own worst enemy.

"I struggle with anxiety and depression and I wasn’t in the best place emotionally when I wrote these lyrics. I felt trapped in a very negative cycle, constantly punishing myself, unable to climb out of the hole that I’d dug. This song was an attempt to navigate my emotions and come to some sort of new understanding of my well-being, which feels really positive.”

Check out 'You Are A Monster' below via the video directed by Hide Whone & Ant Crook.



Live dates

OCTOBER
04 02 Ritz Manchester *
05 Rock City Nottingham *
06 O2 Academy Birmingham *
08 Wylam Brewery Newcastle *
09 SWG3 Glasgow *
11 Y Plas Cardiff *
12 SWX Bristol *
13 MK11 Milton Keynes *
14 Junction Cambridge *
16 The Lemon Grove Exeter *
17 The Old Fire Station Bournemouth *
18 O2 Academy Oxford *
19 Roundhouse London *

* w/ Amber Run

No comments:

Post a Comment