Thursday, November 14, 2019

Australian trio Garage Sale release debut EP, 'You Don't Have to Grow Up'




Words: Ellie Ward 

We had a taste of Australian garage pop-punks Garage Sale's debut album last month with the single cut 'Rainy Day Fund'. Now the trio - Dan Sullivan (21-year-old songwriter, lead vocalist, guitarist), Tai Daniels (19, drums) and Ben Luke (18, bass) - from Lennox Head, New South Wales, drop their five-track debut EP, 'You Don't Have to Grow Up', today (November 14).

The first single from the EP, 'Home', was released in June this year, being awarded a "top 5" of the week by triple j Unearthed, and that, plus 'Rainy Day Fund' are joined by three new songs: 'IDK', 'Could But I Can't, and 'Let Me Down' on the record, which you can stream in full below.

"This EP is a collection of songs I wrote the year after high school when I moved out of home for a year to live in the city," says Dan. "I guess there are a lot of those growing up kind of themes intertwined as I was discovering how to live as an adult and fend for myself."

Garage Sale play the Festival of the Sun in Port Macquarie on December 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment