Friday, January 10, 2020

Conan Gray delivers confessional bedroom pop cut 'The Story'





Words: Sam Geary 

Twenty-one-year-old California-based Texan (of Irish-Japanese descent) Conan Gray makes his first stand on March 20 with the release of his debut album 'Kid Krow’, out via Island Records.

The bedroom-pop artist precedes the record with the drop this week of ‘The Story’. Delicately plucked acoustic guitar underscores four minutes of confessions about suburban high school turmoil, tackling suicide, depression, sexual repression with direct, succinct lyrics.

“Instead of acting like the trials and tribulations didn’t happen, I faced them,” he states. “It’s the best example of me discussing things I don’t like to. There was a point in my childhood where I was really suicidal and didn’t want to live anymore. ‘The Story’ is super graphic, but it’s true. As I got older, I slowly got stronger. Life got better and better.

"Looking back, I wish somebody would’ve looked at me and said, ‘It’s not the end of the story. There’s still so much left for you. You’re going to write about it, and it’s going to be a beautiful part of your life’. I’m trying to share that with another kid.”

Tune in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment