Friday, September 25, 2020

Hayden Thorpe shares new single, 'Blue Crow'





Words: Sam Geary 

Following his debut album 'Diviner', Hayden Thorpe has shared a new single, 'Blue Crow'.

The track is lifted from his forthcoming EP 'Aerial Songs', out October 16, which also includes 'Head On A Platter' and 'Set It Loose'.

Says Thorpe: “Since my first broody teenage attempts to make music and beyond into gradually becoming an adult concerned with making decent music, I’ve found the prospect of making work about the Lake District an off-puttingly daunting task. I’ve always felt ill-equipped to even nearly match the enchantment of being within the fells.

"I wouldn’t say I’m any better prepared now, it might just be that I can perhaps more precisely distil the vital affirmation I feel in the mountains. Maybe it is that I am, by now, far enough away from the blast radius of a frustrated rural youth shit show to get clear-headed and attempt it."

Check out 'Blue Crow' here.



No comments:

Post a Comment