Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Waterparks share visuals for single 'Lowkey As Hell'



Words: Sam Geary 

Texan pop-rock trio Waterparks have shared new visuals for their latest single 'Lowkey As Hell', directed by frontman Awsten Knight.

The release precedes their incoming concert film, 'FANDOM: LIVE IN THE UK', out on November 27.

The video clip comes in a colour-filled, comic book style screenscape paints a vibrant dreamscape of a distorted reality - and in which we also see Knight’s brand new rainbow-coloured hair.

"The song is a recap of the last year or so," explains Knight. "It really describes what’s been going on and who I am. When I’m on stage, I’m a forward-facing, extroverted presence. At the same time, I’m also the biggest hermit ever. I just like to stay in, ignore my phone a lot, and write. I’m naturally reserved in my day-to-day life. The juxtaposition of loud materialism versus private emotion in that opening line really encapsulates the feeling I wanted to get across in the rest of the song."

No comments:

Post a Comment