Sunday, September 27, 2015

Introducing :: Daniel Feels


Bobby Bruderle Photography


Words: Ellie Ward

26-year-old Virginia native now resident in New York City, Daniel Feels, has played guitar with the likes of Silent Rider (now Baile) and more recently, ManicanParty. He now turns his hand to his solo work, with the release of second single 'Behave'.

Tagging himself as a '21st century crooner', there's a lot more to the singer-songwriter by the sound of 'Behave'. The electronic track swerves from the usual standard by a combination of organic/electro with a horn section interwoven with Feels' r'n'b vocal that offers, "You can have it all, my body, my soul/I love the way you take control/And I'll stay on my best behavior"

"'Behave' was born out of a sample I chopped from Coleman Hawkins' classic performance of the jazz standard 'Body & Soul,'" explains Feels. "From there, I picked up the guitar and wrote the song about a recent personal experience. The majority of the production was done myself, then my good friend David Dahlquist stepped in to bring some of the sleek, electro-based sounds. Initially, it actually had a more trap feel, but at the suggestion of Pat Morrissey of ManicanParty, I added some more organic drum sounds and emphasized the guitar, adding some nylon-string guitar throughout."

Daniel plays CMJ next month at the Rockwood Music Hall, New York City on October 17.

FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment