Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Listen :: Rat Boy - Don't Hesitate




Words: Sam Geary

Rat Boy has shared another new track, 'Don't Hesitate', the latest to come from his imminent Tim Armstrong-produced album 'Internationally Unknown', out on January 25.

The track was premiered last night (January 7) on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show last night, where Jordan Carey - aka Rat Boy - explained how it came together.

“We listened to some old funk records then we went into the live room and tried making our own and I was playing bongos on it at the start. Liam Haygarth’s playing one of those short-scaled ukulele basses, they have plastic strings so the bass in it sounds crazy. When I went back to England, I had had this drum pack of weird reggae breaks and drum hits. I chopped it up and kind of wanted to go for a weird Rebel MC ‘Street Tuff’ vibe. Tim and I put a sort of Run DMC stabby guitar in which I think really worked.”

Tune in below.


No comments:

Post a Comment